10 Types of Palazzos Every Woman Should Have In Her Wardrobe!
There are a plethora of wardrobe staples without which your carefully curated closet is incomplete! One of them is the palazzo, which offers the same comfort as your dearest pyjamas, but triple the style.
From humble Indian wear to the western wear genre, there’s no stone that palazzos have left unturned! In a world where staying at ease while still looking uber-stylish is becoming increasingly essential, palazzos are a saving grace.
But there is not just a single variation but different types of palazzo pants that you need to settle for. Let’s take a look at the variety of options available and the ones every woman should know and own!
1) Straight Cut Palazzo Style
Just like the name suggests, straight cut palazzos are narrow, not widened. This makes them apt for practically any occasion, and yes - even for work.
Straight cut palazzos are not just a hit in India but are much-loved all around the world. These types of palazzos also make for an important element in the street-wear scene. Below are 3 ways you can wear them to earn those extra brownie points from your clique!
- What’s the greatest pairing for a straight cut palazzo? A crisp white shirt! With an oversized tote, a pair of sunnies, a statement necklace, heels and a bold lipstick, there's no stopping you from being the ultimate diva! Try this combination for day time events.
- Casual Fridays at work demand a look that shows everyone that you can be laidback from time to time! Give in to straight cut palazzos and pair them with a relaxed and casual shirt. Choose wedges as the footwear, and complete your look with a bracelet or stunning earrings.
- While we’re still on shirts, how about pairing it with one of the striped types of palazzo pants and white sneakers this time? Knot it up for that extra oomph, and finish with a layered necklace!
2) Flared Hem Palazzos
One will definitely have a gala time wearing flared hem palazzos! These allow you to live the best of both worlds since they are the skirt type plazo pants.
Secondly, their EXTRA nature also makes them super comfy, even more than the others. Convinced yet? If yes, we’ve listed 3 fashionista-approved ways to wear these.
- Clearly, we haven’t gotten enough of the shirts + palazzos combination yet and looks like we’ll be stuck on it a little longer. This time, we suggest you take the more relaxed route and finish this #OOTD with flats and your hair up in a bun. You can also wear oversized hoops with this one!
- For a more put-together look, or for a job interview, do things the unconventional way with flared hem types of palazzos and a turtleneck tee, both in a neutral palette. Add a sleek belt, a watch or wristband, and minimal earrings and you’ll be set.
- Ace your street-style game with a t-shirt tucked into your flared hem palazzos, a beret or a baseball cap, an oversized shopper and pool slides!
3) Printed Palazzos
‘All prints, everything’ is a style mantra that makes us extremely happy. Printed palazzos fit the bill and take the wardrobe staple up by a few notches.
Printed palazzos are best paired with solids if you’re a rookie, but if not, then we say - go all out with ‘em patterns! Wondering what to wear with palazzo of this type? Read below.
- The fact that vintage EVERYTHING is in right now, including printed types of palazzos, is no stranger to any of us! You’ll easily find vintage printed palazzos at a thrift store. Pair them with a crop top and an aesthetically appealing necklace.
- Another print that is a classic and is always doing the rounds on social media is the animal print. If you get your hands on animal printed palazzos, pair them with a halter neck top and a straw tote for a casual day out.
- For dinner dates on the weekdays, choose to pair geometric printed palazzos with a solid top that is form-fitting. Finish with strappy heels, dewy makeup and a shoulder bag.
4) Cropped Palazzos
Unlike different types of palazzo design which are floor-sweeping, cropped ones are generally more youthful and work well with western as well as an ethnic wear. They stop a few cms above your ankle, making it possible for you to pair all kinds of footwear with them. Check out our tips to flaunt them below!
- Add a fashion-forward touch to your ethnic wardrobe with cropped palazzos! Heading for a pre-wedding function or gearing up for a festive occasion? Make sure you pick these trousers with a long, frock style kurta. Don’t forget the jhumkas and juttis!
- Want to make a statement at brunch? Nothing like cropped types of palazzos in a pastel hue paired with a basic white tee! To switch things up, get yourself a quirky arm candy. Finish with a choker and a pair of block heels or stilettos if you’re feeling adventurous.
- Palazzos are also kicking-back favorites among many women! To do it the right way, go monotone! Pair cropped palazzos with relaxed tops for women and sliders. Complete the look by letting your hair down or tying it up in a loose ponytail.
5) Belted Palazzos
Add definition to your look with belted palazzos. You can add a belt of your choice on the waistband yourself, or choose to buy palazzos with matching ones.
They don’t just provide a great fit but also further sharpen your body shape. Here’s how to don these types of palazzos.
- While we’re still on monotone, how about an all-black look to kick the Monday blues to the curb? Show up in belted palazzos with a tank top tucked in, and tighten the drawstrings or belt to gear up for a long day. You can choose to wear your comfiest pair of sneakers with this look, or even go for flip flops.
- We’re suckers for date night look ideas that are not too overdone, but not downplayed either. Colourful palazzos with an off-shoulder top seem like a great outfit to impress your crush or S/O! With the addition of nude heels and a pair of hoops, you’ve got yourself a total winner.
- Want to take your festive or wedding season outfit to a whole new level? Give in to belted types of plazo with a bustier, layered with a long ethnic jacket. Complete the look with jhumkas and a pair of juttis!
6) Pleated Palazzos
Just like pleated skirts were a huge hit and continue to rule the charts, pleated palazzos too are extremely popular among fashionistas around the globe!
The secret to its success might be the fact that they look good on everyone! Make these types of palazzos work for you with our 3 styling ideas, given below.
- Let’s make colour-blocking more accessible, shall we? Get yourself a pair of pleated palazzo pants and team them up with a full-sleeved tee or sweatshirt with colour-splashed patterns. For daytime, wear a colourful hat and sunnies. You can also choose to wear colourful shoes or boots, and make sure your arm candy is just as colourful too!
- Heading for a night out with the girls? Here’s a winning outfit idea for you! It involves style AND ease. Choose darker colours, and pair your pleated palazzos with a blouson. Accessorise with sparkly danglers, a shimmery clutch and metallic, strappy heels.
- This one's for your off-days! Slip into a basic t-shirt and leave it untucked. Wear a pair of pleated palazzos, and with them, team up sneakers or flip flops. If you have a grocery run to make, slap on some neutral hued lipstick and carry an oversized tote.
7) Traditional Palazzos
Now, these types of palazzos don’t need an introduction at all, as they’re already a part of every Indian woman’s wardrobe.
Detailed with embroideries like gota patti and other culturally-rooted embellishments, traditional palazzos are the definite wardrobe winners. Style them with these ideas!
- Wondering how to wear palazzo pants with kurta? Have a lineup of pre-wedding functions on your social calendar, all equally important? Choose to go to one of them in a traditional palazzo suit, and finish with juttis, an oversized ring and traditional jewelry.
- Since intimate festivities are a thing now, why not use the chance to level-up your style game and align it with changing times? Your best bet is a pair of palazzos with a relaxed kurti, and jhumkas + kolhapuris to go with!
- You can also ditch the long kurta and go for a shorter version of the plazo type dress. This one is more popular among modern-day Indian fashionistas, so be sure to give it a shot!
8) Denim Palazzos
There’s no scope for you to go wrong when you bring together two classics. In this case, palazzos and denims!